It is school board appreciation month!
What are some of the school board's goals or focuses?
The school board’s main goal, is to support student achievement. To achieve that goal, the board focuses on the following needs:
- Creating a vision for what parents and citizens want their school district to become and how to make student achievement the top priority
- Setting standards for what students must learn and be able to do
- Assessing whether schools achieve their goals, and whether students are learning
- Accounting for the outcomes of decisions and by tracking progress and reporting results
- Aligning the use of the district’s human and financial resources
- Creating a safe and orderly climate where students can learn and teachers can teach
- Collaborating to solve common problems and to support common successes
- Focusing on continuous improvement by questioning, examining, revising, refining and revisiting issues related to student achievement.
These are just some of the more critical items that the school board focuses on. We at the Elgin School District appreciate all the time and effort the school board puts in to support our students, staff and schools!
Please take a moment and reach out and thank our school board members!
Chair Chuck Anderson
Vice Chair Teena Banducci
Member Jessica Knight
Member Rod Spikes
Member Kit Evans
Elgin School District